PRESUPPOSITIONS OF NLP
1) Respect for the other person’s model of the world
2) Behaviour and change are to be evaluated in terms of context and Ecology
3) Resistance in a client is a Sign of a lack of rapport. There are no resistant clients, only inflexible communicators. Effective communicators accept and utilize all communication presented to them
4) People are not their behaviours. Accept the person; change the behaviour
5) Everyone is doing their best they can with the resources they have available. Behaviour is geared toward adaptation, and the present behaviour is the best choice available.
Every behaviour is motivated by a positive intent
6) Calibrate on Behaviour: The most important information about a person is that person’s behaviour.
7) The map is not the Territory. The words we use are NOT the event or the item they represent.
8) You are in charge of your mind, and therefore your results (and I am also in charge of my mind and therefore my results).
9) People have all the Resources they need to succeed and to achieve their desired outcomes. There are no un-resourceful people there are only un-resourceful states.
10) All procedures should increase Wholeness.
11) There is ONLY feedback! There is no failure, only feedback.
12) The meaning of communication is the Response you get.
13) The Law of Requisite Variety says that the system/person with the most flexibility of behaviour will control the system.
14) All NLP procedures Designed to increase choice.